Life in Denmark is good. I am not saying living here means we are wealthy. What I am saying is, we have enough of what we need here, provided of course you have the job to support it.
Having been born and raised in the Philippines, I can see a huge difference on the situation of living here compared to where I grew up in. Given that, I have an innate longing to let my friends and family experience what I experience here.
So every time I have the chance, I invite them for a visit here. I do not pay for my friends application, rather, I act as their host while they are here in Denmark.
With the recent changes in rules and regulations here in Denmark, it can be tricky to invite people. But it is very do-able. As a matter of fact, my husband and I have invited quite a few number of people already.
Here are the things that you have to know first.
- Be familiar with the VFS Denmark- Manila website. This site will tell you everything that you need so make sure you go through this site thoroughly.
- Since you are inviting friends/ family members, it is given that they will stay with you so they should choose FRIEND/FAMILY VISIT. If in case they will not stay with you, then they must choose TOURISM WITH HOTEL.
*Application is applicable in case you are travelling for visit boyfriend, girlfriend, partner and fiance.
A visa grants you the right to spend a maximum of 90 days per 6 months (180 days) from the entry date in the Schengen region and should you choose, you can also apply for a multiple entry visa.
- They have to fill-up the VISA application form and make sure that all fields are properly filled.
- You have to fill out the invitation form. Make sure as well that you have filled out all of the fields.
- Visa Fee. There is a difference between applying in Cebu and Manila in terms of the visa fee. See below.
- Checklist. In order to check if they have everything, make sure that they print our this checklist and verify if they have everything.
Now that you know those things, here is the application process (for applicant):
- Go to the VFS Denmark- Manila website and download the VISA APPLICATION FORM and CHECKLIST.
- Fill out the application form.
- Prepare all the needed documents for the application including the invitation form.
- Schedule an appointment to pass the application. You can also opt for walk-in. But do note that walk-in applicants are accepted only until 9:00am.
- Go the VFS Demark office to submit your application. Remember to bring cash for the visa fee.
Note: Here are the documents/things you need to bring to VFS.
- Visa application form
- Visa application fee
- Invitation letter
- Photo copy of invitee’s passport and residence permit
- Photocopy of passport
- Ticket reservation
You can also bring other documents that you think might help in your application
- Birth certificate
- Letter of employment
- Business registration
- Property titles
The processing time for the visa is around 2 weeks so just be patient. Once available, they will send you a message to pick up the visa.
For the inviting party:
- Fill out the invitation form properly. Do not forget to sign it.
- Send a copy of your passport and residence permit to the applicant because they need to submit that as well to the embassy.
Here are the links that you need to remember:
VFS DENMARK- http://www.vfsglobal.com/Denmark/Philippines/index.html
Invitation form: http://www.vfsglobal.com/Denmark/Philippines/pdf/VU2_form_141217.pdf
Visa application form: http://www.vfsglobal.com/Denmark/Philippines/pdf/Schengen_Visa_Application_Form.pdf
Goodluck! I hope your application gets approved! 🙂 ❤